Platinum Guild International (PGI-USA) in conjunction with JCK Las Vegas opened its call for entries for the third annual JCK 2012 Platinum Innovation Awards, which will be held during JCK Las Vegas, June 1 through June 4, 2012.
The deadline to submit design images is April 4, and final product submissions are due April 19. Exhibitors from JCK, as well as the LUXURY, Elite Enclave and AGTA Shows are welcome to submit designs. The competition acknowledges innovation and skill in platinum design in both bridal and fashion jewelry and will designate awards in the following categories:
• Platinum Engagement Ring
• Entry Platinum Engagement Ring (semi-mounts under $2,500 retail)
• Platinum Wedding Band
• Platinum Men’s Jewelry
• Entry Platinum Fashion Jewelry (under $3,500 retail)
• Platinum Red Carpet Jewelry
• Platinum and Colored Gemstone Jewelry
Entrants are welcome to submit one product per category and will instantly become “nominees” into this year’s competition. All nominees will have their designs professionally photographed and featured on PGI-USA’s consumer and press websites.
Platinum Innovation Awards will be granted twice in each category, based upon one “Editor’s Choice” and one “Buyer’s Choice” award. One special “Best in Show” award will be given as a culmination from all votes. Judging will begin on May 2 at an exclusive editor preview in Manhattan.
”We are thrilled at the enthusiasm that the Platinum Innovation Awards have been greeted with in the past 2 years and look forward to collaborating with JCK Las Vegas once again,” shared Huw Daniel, the president of PGI-USA. ”Through the passion and creativity of our entrants, this competition serves to inspire the use of platinum in jewelry and to help our manufacturer and retail partners grow their platinum business. We are truly excited to see what inspiration this year will bring.”
Yancy Weinrich, the industry vice president for JCK Events, added, ”We are delighted to have PGI’s Platinum Innovation Awards at JCK for the third year in a row. PGI has done a fantastic job in executing a program that creates excitement on the show floor for both retailers and designers and promotes the beauty and advantages of working with platinum. We look forward to another successful show.”
Winners in each of the seven categories will be announced on June 3, and will receive a prize package valued at $50,000, including:
• Official JCK 2012 Platinum Innovation Awards trophy
• Inclusion in the Design Gallery of PGI’s consumer and press websites
• Inclusion in PGI’s integrated consumer and trade marketing campaigns
• Professional photography of the winning product (including the digital file for reproduction in the winner’s own advertising/online/media placements)
• Inclusion in all post-contest press outreach
• Inclusion in a congratulatory ad in a jewelry trade publication
• A customized poster featuring the winning product and denoting it as an award winner
• Customized in-store signage package for up to 100 of the winner’s top retail customers
• PGI will conduct an in-store, facilitated sales training session at a store of the winner’s choosing
All nominees will be acknowledged at the Platinum Innovation Award press conference and winners’ celebration cocktail party on June 3 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Palm A of the Mandalay Bay Resort where winning designs will be showcased.