The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) announced today the addition of a new diamond grading report option to its existing slate of services. The new service, the GIA Diamond eReport delivers GIA grading results completely online.
The GIA Diamond eReport is available for natural, D-to-Z color diamonds from 0.15 to 2.99 carats and delivers grading results completely online via Report Check, GIA’s secure web-based report database. This new digital-only report provides grading results in a format that is not only more environmentally responsible, but also meets the needs of an evolving marketplace where information must be accessed and communicated rapidly. Additionally, the paperless report format allows us to offer this grading service at a lower fee.
This service delivers the same impartial grading metrics described on GIA printed reports, but with the added feature of a detailed face-up image of the diamond captured during the grading process. This image and the diamond’s metrics are permanently stored in GIA’s global database, ensuring perpetual access to the diamond’s information and its identification.
Key benefits of this service include:
· Savings of 10 percent compared to paper-based Dossier and Diamond Grading Report fees
· Instantly communicates quality, since only natural, untreated diamonds qualify for service
· Facilitates trading by allowing for easy sharing of report results and diamond image via email, online and mobile devices
· Provides instant access to report results from anywhere in the world via Report Check
· Increases efficiency by reducing paper storage and shipping costs
· Demonstrates environmental responsibility
”The GIA Diamond eReport marks GIA’s first entry into the digital-only report space, and we have plans underway to further expand such offerings,” said Thomas M. Moses, GIA’s senior vice president of laboratory and research. ”Our goal is to continue to develop methods that allow us to deliver technical information to our clients rapidly and, in turn, help our clients pass that information on to their customers. At the same time, we remain steadfast in our commitment and investment in providing services of the highest quality to ensure on-going consumer confidence in gems.”
To view a GIA Diamond eReport sample, visit http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/ next to Report Number enter 2141438194 and next to Carat Weight enter 1.01.